Winter in Fernie through an iPhone
Thank you for reading Nomads on the Road, why not sign up for the newsletter to keep up-to-date with all the latest news from Fernie, BC.
A Fernie sunrise is special, even more special when you’re sitting at the top of the Boomerang Chair, watching the sun’s rays pierce the clouds and illuminate the early morning sky. You can’t help but smile.
Early on in the season, while working with the lift maintenance crew, I had the opportunity to snap this photograph from the Deer Chair, looking down on a snow-covered Elk Valley.
Second Avenue in Fernie is the main street in town, where all the downtown shops are located, and some of the best bars are to be found.
In the summertime, the Bridge Bistro is the place to be seen, the deck is always throbbing with punters enjoying the sunshine. However, despite all the hours I drank away at the place during the past summer, this photograph is my favourite from there. Sunsets in Fernie don’t get much better than this.
A simple photograph showing a long drop. What’s a long drop? It’s a stinking toilet, with no running water. Basically a hole in the ground. What makes the Haulback long drop so special is the epic snow you have to ski to get there. Just look at how much snow is on the roof.
Tuesday 15 January 2013, so many photographs filled up my timeline on facebook. The reason is just another Fernie sunset.
Comments + Add Comment
Trackbacks and Pings
Leave your comments
- A Grizzly Bear Ate my GoPro…
- Obertraun Austria: Photo of the Week
- Take the Rush Out of Flying – Check-in the Day Before
- Photo of the Week: Hiking Fernie in the Evening
- Sunset in Amsterdam: Photo of the Week
- Europe iPhoneography: Budapest
- Non-Stop Fun in Neon-Lit Benidorm
- Photo of the Week: Hallstatt Austria
- Europe iPhoneography: Austria
- Keep Everyone Happy – Holiday in Zante